PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council and Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
11 A.M.--Seventh Floor Conference Room
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding Charter Review Committee interviews - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence.
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
3. Case EPW-10-003 - City of Riverside - Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program for Sycamore Canyon Business Park Water Quality Basins Project - Acquire minimum of one acre replacement park land in accordance with Park Preservation Act - Continue to 3 p.m. on June 14, 2011 (Ward 2)
3a. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any closed session items - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSION - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
3b. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Charles R. Rosenberry, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 452579
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
5. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Riverside Youth Council members to present a certificate to the Inspiring Youth of the Month honoree Norte Vista High School Future Farmers of America Advisor Kim Carpenter
6. Mayor Loveridge to present a Proclamation to Journalist Mary Parks recognizing her outstanding coverage of Riverside news and events
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
8. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development recommends Graffiti Enhancement Plan status report and recognition of 2011 Anti-Graffiti Public Service Announcement Video Contest Award winners (All Wards)
9. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
9a. City Attorney report on Closed Session
PUBLIC HEARING--Audience participation is encouraged.
10. Case P10-0454 - City of Riverside - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report for the Tequesquite Park Project located at Tequesquite and Palm Avenues, in the City of Riverside, California, making certain Findings of Fact related thereto, adopting a Statement of Overriding Considerations, and adopting a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program, all pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act - A Resolution of the City Council of Riverside, California, amending Figure LU-10 - Land Use Policy Map of the Land Use & Urban Design Element of the Riverside General Plan 2025 as to approximately 350.97 acres of land bounded by residences and Tequesquite Avenue on the east, Palm Avenue and residences along Old Ranch Road on the south, vacant land along Rubidoux Avenue on the west, and the Santa Ana River on the north removing Potential Specific Plan boundary - A Resolution of the City Council of Riverside, California, amending Figure LU-10 - Land Use Policy Map of the Land Use & Urban Design Element of the Riverside General Plan 2025 as to approximately 43.64 vacant acres located at 4825 Tequesquite Avenue bounded by Tequesquite Avenue on the north, Palm Avenue on the southeast, and a bluff and residences along Cliffside Drive to the west redesignating land use from Private Recreation (PR) to Public Park (P) - Waive further readings - Appropriate $263,000 from 2008 Certificate of Participation proceeds for Tequesquite Park Environmental Impact Report completion and re-circulation costs (Ward 1)
11. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any City Council/Redevelopment Agency Consent Calendar items or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
15. Announcement of committee meetings
a. Public Safety Committee at 10 a.m. on Monday, May 16, 2011, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
b. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee at 1 p.m. on Thursday, May 19, 2011, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
c. Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 19, 2011, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
17. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, declaring its intention to establish a Parking and Business Improvement Area in the Auto Center Area of the City of Riverside pursuant to the Parking and Business improvement Area Law of 1989; setting forth the proposed uses to which the proposed revenue shall be put; describing the system of assessments which will be used and setting the time and place for a public meeting and public hearing to be held for the purpose of having the City Council of the City of Riverside consider the establishment of the Auto Center Business Improvement District effective September 1, 2011 - Schedule public meeting for June 21, 2011, at 3 p.m. - Schedule public hearing for July 12, 2011, at 3 p.m. - Waive further reading (Wards 4 and 5)
18. Substitute Councilmember Bailey for Councilmember Mac Arthur on Development Committee for Commercial Improvement Program project and Fairview property disposition and development discussion (Ward 3)
19. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Riverside Municipal Code Sections 8.02.010 and 8.04.070 regarding potentially dangerous and vicious dogs - Waive further reading (Intro. on 5-10-11, All Wards)
20. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Title 10 of the Riverside Municipal Code, Chapter 10.56, by amending Sections 10.56.030 and Section 10.56.040 and by adding a new Section 10.56.050 regarding use restriction for commercial vehicles exceeding three (3) axles on certain streets - Waive further reading (Intro. on 5-10-11, All Wards)
21. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
22. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|