PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council and Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR PRO TEM CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
1. Housing and Urban Development Annual Action Plan 2011-2012 providing $6,717,093 Federal funding for Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Shelter Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships Program, and Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids (All Wards)
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any closed session items - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
3. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Celina Chavez v. City of Riverside, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 514121
5. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
6. Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur to call upon Arlington Business Partnership representative Allison Dale to announce the Chili Cook-off and Car/Cycle Show
7. Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur to call upon Assistant City Manager Deanna Lorson to announce the Housing and Urban Development Best Practice Award for Financing and Leveraging of our Neighborhood Stabilization Program
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
9. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends amendments to Sewer Public Benefit Program guidelines increasing maximum annual reimbursement from $50,000 to $150,000/year/customer, and list of qualifying contaminants, and defining incentive amounts (All Wards)
10. Redevelopment Agency - Loan of $3,509,932 from Redevelopment Low and Moderate Housing Set-Aside Fund to Redevelopment Capital Project Fund for mandated payment to State of California Supplemental Educational Revenue Augmentation Fund - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
11. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any City Council/Redevelopment Agency Consent Calendar items or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
12. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
13. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
17. Development Committee recommends License Agreement with Riverside Community College District for use of City-owned parcel for culinary school, administrative offices, and art gallery construction staging - 3902 University Avenue (Ward 1)
20. Purchase and Sale Agreement with R & S Development Corporation, Inc., for $955,000 and $6,000 for title, escrow, and related closing costs from Water Quality Control Plant Phase 1 Expansion Construction Management Resources Plan Account for property located at 5961 Acorn Street for Water Quality Control Plant Expansion (Ward 3)
21. Subrecipient Agreement with City of Los Angeles for 2009 Department of Homeland Security Regional Catastrophic Preparedness Grant of $70,000 with City in-kind contribution match of $24,032.68 through existing Fire Department personnel salaries to enhance catastrophic event planning and preparedness - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
22. 2010 Emergency Management Performance Grant of $2,441 for Fire Department to act as Pass Through agent for additional funding for University of California Riverside - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
25. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, authorizing an amendment to the contract between the City of Riverside and the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System for Riverside City Firefighter’s Association and Riverside Fire Management Group (All Wards)
26. Riverside County Transportation Commission Utility Agreements Nos. 21699, 21975, and 21976 for relocation of water and electric facilities along State Route 91 - Appropriate $18,755,378 for new and existing utility agreements (Wards 1, 2, 3, and 4)
27. Award Bid 6950 to Sierra Pacific Electrical, Riverside, for $88,405 from Public Works Department Budget for protected/permissive left-turn phasing on De Anza Avenue at Central Avenue and metal beam guardrail at easterly end of Marlborough Avenue (Wards 1 and 3)
28. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
29. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|