PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council and Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
1. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, authorizing the issuance of Variable Rate Refunding Water Revenue Bonds of the City in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $60,000,000 and providing the terms and conditions of such bonds (Eighth Supplemental Resolution) - Waive further reading (All Wards)
2. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California authorizing the issuance of City of Riverside Taxable Pension Obligation Refunding Bond Anticipation Notes 2011 Series A, approving the forms of and authorizing the execution and delivery of a Fifth Supplemental Trust Agreement, an escrow deposit and Trust Agreement, an Official Statement, and a purchase contract, and authorizing other matters relating thereto - Waive further reading (All Wards)
3. Seizing Our Destiny - Joint item with Redevelopment Agency - Development Committee recommends ratification of Purchase and Sale Agreement of Agency-owned property to Alvord Unified School District for Arlanza Elementary School Head Start parking lot - Assignment and Assumption Agreement between Agency and City for transaction completion and conveyance - 8956 and 8986 Cypress Avenue (Ward 6)
4. Potential State budget impacts on Redevelopment - Oral report (All Wards)
5. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any closed session items - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
8. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Sharon Ludwig v. City of Riverside, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 10007155
10. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
12. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Amelia Earhart Middle School Odyssey of the Mind Team Coach Lynn Larsen to announce their advancement to World Finals
13. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Councilmember Gardner to present a Proclamation to Jessica Peck and Michele Shoemaker for the Sunny Oasis Pet Rescue Spay Day
14. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Police Chief Diaz to introduce Public Safety Officer of the Month Officer James Mutuku
15. Neighborhood success report by Riverside Neighborhood Partnership (All Wards)
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
16. Mayor Loveridge recommends a Resolution establishing Completion Counts-A Riverside Learning Partnership, committed to increasing college-going and college-completion rates for all youth and young adults within the City of Riverside - Waive further reading (All Wards)
18. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any City Council/Redevelopment Agency Consent Calendar items or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
19. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
20. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
25. Seizing Our Destiny - Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends Implementation Agreement with Western Riverside Council of Governments for administration of Energy Efficiency and Water Conservation Loan Program - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, consenting to inclusion of properties within the City’s incorporated area in the Western Riverside Council of Governments Contractual Assessment Program to finance distributed generation renewable energy sources, energy efficiency, and water efficiency improvements - Waive further reading (All Wards)
26. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, repealing Resolution No. 21703 and adopting a Riverside Public Utilities Internal Compliance Program to ensure compliance with the North American Electric Reliability Corporation Reliability Standards and authorizing the Public Utilities General Manager to make certain revisions to the program - Waive further reading (All Wards)
27. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends Amended and Restated Lease Agreement with J.G. Golfing Enterprises, Inc., for 62 acres known as San Bernardino Golf Course located in San Bernardino (All Wards)
28. Second Amendment to Agreement with PSC Environmental Services of Pomona, LP, for $50,000 increase for total not-to-exceed $250,000 annually from City Manager Department Budget for hazardous waste transportation and disposal through June 30, 2014 (All Wards)
29. Cases P11-0014 and P11-0015 - California Baptist University - Conditional use permit and design review of plot plan and building elevations for 56,717-square-foot, two-story, 42.5-foot tall educational building on 1.24 acres - 8432 Magnolia Avenue (Ward 5)
30. Seizing Our Destiny - Agreement with Gina Airey Consulting for not-to-exceed $100,000 from Economic Development Advertising Account for development of communication and engagement tools, programs, and Quality for Life Index for Seizing Our Destiny Plan through April 30, 2012 (All Wards)
31. Purchase and Sale Agreement with Juan and Manuela Figueroa for $259,000 and up to $3,000 for title, escrow, and miscellaneous closing costs from Streeter Avenue Grade Separation Project Account - 6440 Streeter Avenue (Ward 3)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
34. Seizing Our Destiny - Riverside Renaissance - Award Bid 6945 to FenceCorp, Inc., Riverside, for $84,155 from Community Development Block Grant Funds for purchase and installation of Reid Park rugby field fencing (Ward 1)
35. Seizing Our Destiny - Riverside Renaissance - Award Bid 6955 to Diversified Landscape Co., Winchester, for $54,206.10 from Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department Budget for certified and engineered playground wood chips replacement due to flood damage at various parks (Wards 1, 2, 4, 6, and 7)
36. Three-year master professional consultant agreements for not-to-exceed $600,000 each from Park Capital Improvement Project Budgets for civil, electrical, geotechnical, and structural engineering, surveying, environmental impact analysis, construction materials testing and licensed deputy inspection, landscape architecture, professional construction management, and architectural consultant services (All Wards)
37. Award Bid 6958 to All American Asphalt, Corona, for $139,000 from Public Works Department Budget for curb, gutter, sidewalk, pavement rehabilitation, and four wheelchair ramps - Carob Way between La Verne Drive and Norwood Avenue (Ward 7)
38. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, providing for the Summary Vacation of a portion of Jane Street at the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (“BNSF”) Railroad crossing, located between Indiana Avenue and Marguerita Avenue, in the City of Riverside, California - Waive further reading (Ward 4)
40. Riverside Renaissance - Change order authority increase of $279,134.01 for Bid 6765 with Sialic Contractors Corporation (dba Shawnan) from Public Utilities, Public Works, and Development Department Budgets for Columbia Avenue and Iowa Avenue street improvement project (Ward 1)
41. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
42. Items for future City Council consideration as requested
by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|