PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council and Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
1. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, establishing the level of compensation of the Mayor and providing certain fringe benefits, and rescinding Ordinance No. 7017 in its Entirety - Introduce an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, establishing the level of compensation for Members of the City Council and providing certain fringe benefits, and rescinding Ordinance No. 7018 in its entirety (All Wards) - Continue to February 1, 2011, at 3 p.m.
2. Seizing Our Destiny update - Route 7
3. Emergency Operation Plan update - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving the City of Riverside Emergency Operations Plan, dated December 2010; and repealing Resolution No. 20268 - Waive further reading - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, Amending Title 9 of the Riverside Municipal Code Relating to Emergency Management and Disasters, by amending Chapter 9.20 in its entirety (All Wards)
4. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any items on closed sessions - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
5. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
7. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Riverside Dickens Festival representative Chuck Spitler to introduce the 2011 Festival
8. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Riverside Youth Council members to present a certificate to the Inspiring Youth of the Month - The Fund Your College Dreams campaign
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
11. Riverside Renaissance - Award Bid 6873 to Ortiz Enterprises, Inc., Irvine, for $1,540,643.70 from Public Works Department Budget for State Route 91 eastbound auxiliary lane between La Sierra Avenue and Tyler Street to eliminate traffic backup on the mainline freeway, reduce congestion, and improve safety - Supplemental appropriation (Ward 5)
12. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any items on City Council/Redevelopment Agency Consent Calendar or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
13. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
14. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
15. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, to Establish Minimum Operating Standards for Commercial Aeronautical Activities at Riverside Municipal Airport - Waive further reading - 6951 Flight Road (Ward 3)
19. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends revised National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems Urban Runoff Discharge Permit Implementation Agreement-Santa Ana Region with County of Riverside and Cities of Beaumont, Calimesa, Canyon Lake, Corona, Eastvale, Hemet, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Moreno Valley, Murrieta, Norco, Perris, Riverside, San Jacinto, and Wildomar establishing responsibilities of each Permittee and procedure for funding shared costs of regional programs - Administrative services agreement with County of Riverside to establish responsibilities and obligations concerning management and financing of County Service Area 152 National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (All Wards)
20. Announcement of committee meeting
a. Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 20, 2011, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
21. Case P10-0667 - City of Riverside - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, providing for the summary vacation (Case No. P10-0667) of an approximately 1,605 square-foot portion of the alley situated between Market Street and the Main Street Pedestrian Mall, southerly of 6th Street, northerly of Mission Inn Avenue, in the City of Riverside, California - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
24. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
25. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|