PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council and Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Executive Director Hasan Ikhrata to present and discuss Southern California Association of Governments and its relationship to the City of Riverside
2a. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding the closed session item - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSION - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Session at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
2b. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
3. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Riverside Arts Council Executive Director Patrick Brien who will recognize the Riverside Children’s Theater as Arts Honoree of the Month for January
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
7. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any items on City Council/Redevelopment Agency Consent Calendar or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
8. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
8a. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussion
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
9. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Chapter 5.32 of the Riverside Municipal Code to increase the rate of the City’s existing transient occupancy tax from eleven percent (11%) to twelve percent (12%) effective July 1, 2012, and to thirteen percent (13%), effective July 1, 2014 - Waive further reading (Intro. on 1-4-11, All Wards)
13. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California. amending Title 5 of the Riverside Municipal Code by adding Chapter 5.36 relating to the regulation of mobile food vending - Waive further reading (Intro. on 1-4-11, All Wards)
14. Announcement of committee meetings
a. Community Services and Youth Committee at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, January 10, 2011, Seventh Floor Conference Room
b. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 13, 2011, Seventh Floor Conference Room
15. Case P10-0595 - Tatum Riverside, LLC - Conditional use permit to allow off-sale of beer and wine (Type 20 license) in conjunction with approximately 14,064-square-foot retail/drug store - 10938 Magnolia Avenue (Ward 6)
16. Cases P10-0406, P10-0407, and P10-0408 - Hutton Development Co. - Plot plan revision, building elevations, and building height variance for 168-unit apartment complex on approximately 7.6 vacant acres sely. of Magnolia Avenue, swly. of Fillmore Street, and nly. of State Highway 91 - 11470-11590 Magnolia Avenue (Ward 6)
17. Cases P10-0557 and P10-0559 - Paul Peck and Associates - Conditional use permit, plot plan, building elevations, and design review for construction of approximately 3,500-square-foot Navy Federal Credit Union on approximately 1.68 vacant acres wly. of Valley Springs Parkway and nly. of Gateway Drive - 6365 Valley Springs Parkway (Ward 2)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
19. Seizing Our Destiny - Award Bid 6874 to Above All Names Construction Services, Inc., Rialto, for $60,332.54 from Community Development Block Grant funds for ceiling repairs at Cesar Chavez Community Center - 2060 University Avenue (Ward 2)
20. Seizing Our Destiny - Adopt an Ordinance of the Council of the City of Riverside approving the Power Sales Agreement by the City with the Southern California Public Power Authority for the La Paz Solar Tower Project - Waive further reading (Intro. on 1-4-11, All Wards)
21. Revise boundaries of 50-mile-per-hour speed limit on Alessandro Boulevard from “Whitestone Drive to Central Avenue” to “Whitestone Drive to Chicago Avenue”, reinstate 40-mile-per-hour speed limit on Alessandro Boulevard from Chicago to Central Avenues for northbound direction of travel only, and establish 35-mile-per-hour speed limit zone on John Street from Cleveland Avenue to southerly terminus - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 - Waive further reading (Intro. on 1-4-11, Wards 3, 4, and 5)
23. Seizing Our Destiny - Agreement with Environmental Systems and Composites Corporation for $150,810 from Public Works Department Budget for operation and maintenance services for fuel cell anaerobic digester gas pretreatment system through June 30, 2011 - 5950 Acorn Street (Ward 3)
24. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Rescind and award Bid 6881 from Zumar Industries, Santa Fe Springs, to Safeway Sign Company, Adelanto, for $235,676 from ARRA - Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant for purchase of highly reflective street name sign panels and materials for replacement at all signalized intersections (All Wards)
26. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21878 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to remove the existing Ten-Minute Parking Zone and establish a Two-Hour Parking Zone on the north side of Mission Inn Avenue from 80 feet westerly of Chestnut Street to 65 feet westerly thereof - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
27. Legislative reports
a. State Budget update
28. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|