Depending on the complexity of your project and the completeness of your plans and adherence to code, the Plans Examiner may be able to process your permit over-the-counter.
If the project is too complex, then it will be either placed in our 24-hour behind-the-counter review process or our 2-week behind-the-counter review process. Below is a list of the permits we can process over-the-counter on most occasions.
- Swimming Pools and Spas Patio Covers *
- Second Story Decks *
- ICBO listed Awnings, Patio Covers, Patio Enclosures and Car Ports
- Residential Retaining Walls *
- Masonry Garden Walls *
- Window Replacements
- New Exterior Siding
- Accessory Detached Structures (less than 500 square feet and single story)
- Residential Electrical Meter Upgrades
- Minor Plumbing or Mechanical Repairs or Replacements
- Minor Fire Damage Repairs
*Using our City Standard Drawings