POLICE REVIEW COMMISSION
4:00 PM -
CASE REVIEW MEETING
"The Community Police Review Commission was created in order to promote
public confidence in the professionalism and accountability
of the sworn staff of the Riverside Police Department."
PLEASE NOTE: The scheduled hearing times are approximate. No item will be heard before its scheduled time but may be heard later in the meeting.
4:00 PM – CASE REVIEW (CLOSED SESSION)
2. Public Comments
This is an opportunity for members of the public to address the Commission on closed session items.
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957, the Commission will
adjourn to Closed Session to discuss issues
5:30 PM – REGULAR MEETING (OPEN SESSION)
Any person wishing to
speak on an agenda item must file this form prior to the beginning of
the meeting or the time
Public Comment will take
place after the introduction of each agenda item. The speaker may choose to
per speaker may be allocated family members or their spokesperson speaking
Three (3) minutes per speaker may be allocated for all other public comment.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
‘Thank You’ to Commissioner Janice Sawyer for her service to the City of Riverside as a CPRC Commissioner
from 2012 to 2013.
Public comment on any subject matter within the Commission's jurisdiction.
A) January 23 Regular Meeting
B) February 13 Special Meeting
A) February Outreach
B) Scheduled Outreach Events
1) Mayor’s Night Out – February 28th at 6:30 PM, Villegas Community Center, 3091 Esperanza Street
2) 2nd Annual ‘Chief’s Breakfast’ – March 7th at 6:45 AM, Music Room at the Mission Inn
3) Annual Boards & Commissions Reception – March 18th at 5 PM, Riverside Municipal Auditorium
4) Eastside Community Fair & Egg Hung – March 23rd at Bobby Bonds Park, 2060 University Avenue; event
is from 10 AM – 2 PM.
5) Law Enforcement Appreciation Dinner and Awards – April 18th at Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula
C) Future Outreach Opportunities
1) Input from Outreach Coordinator on upcoming outreach events
2) Input from Commission Members on potential outreach events
A) Continue Pablo OID Case Evaluation
B) Continue Romo OID Case Evaluation
C) Continue Ledezma OID Case Evaluation
Discussion and action, if any, on Draft No. 2 of the 2012 Annual Report
Self-nomination or nomination of fellow commissioners for 2013 CPRC Chair and Vice-Chair; elections to be
held during the first meeting in March.
Discussion on the document-wide revisions to the
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.2, Commission members may
use this time to make brief